Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
Approval of the revised conservation area character appraisal and management proposals for the existing Fishbourne Conservation Area, changes to the conservation area boundary, and implementation of Article 4 Directions to control small scale changes to the fronts of unlisted residential buildings to preserve the character.
(1) That the revised Character Appraisal and Management Proposals for Fishbourne Conservation Area, attached at Appendix 1 to this report, be approved as a material consideration in relevant planning decisions.
(2) That the recommended changes to the Fishbourne conservation area boundary on the west side, as shown in the map on page 51 of the revised Character Appraisal and Management Proposals, attached at Appendix 1 to this report, be approved.
(3) That the proposed responses to representations, attached at Appendix 2, to this report, be approved.
(4) That the implementation of an ‘Immediate’ Article 4 direction to cover minor alterations to the principal elevations of dwellings within Fishbourne conservation area, as set out in Appendix 3 to this report, be approved.
(5) That the implementation of a ‘non-immediate’ Article 4 direction to cover the installation of solar panels on the principal elevations and roof slopes of buildings within the Fishbourne Conservation Area, as set out in Appendix 4 to this report, be approved.
(6) That decisions to confirm and/or implement, or otherwise the Directions referred to in 3.4 and 3.5 above be taken by the Director of Planning and Environment following consultation with the Cabinet Member for Planning Services and ward member for Fishbourne conservation area within six months of the Directions being made.
Report author: Mr Ian Wightman
Publication date: 03/05/2018
Date of decision: 01/05/2018
Decided at meeting: 01/05/2018 - Cabinet