Decision Maker: Cabinet, Council
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The purpose of the report is to update the
Council’s medium term financial strategy and action plan to
help guide the management of the Council’s finances,
considering Government funding for the coming year and potentially
The key recommendations from this report will help formulate the 2021-22 budget, and level of Council Tax.
Cabinet is asked to recommend to Council the following;
(1) The key financial principles and actions of the five year financial strategy
(2) That the current five year Financial Model is noted
(3) That a minimum level of general fund reserves be set, having considered the recommendations from the Corporate Governance and Audit Committee
(4) That the current resources position is noted.
Key issue – yes
*RECOMMENDATIONS TO COUNCIL
1) The key financial principles and actions set out in appendix 1 of the 5 year Financial Strategy report are approved.
2) That having considered the recommendations of the Corporate Governance and Audit Committee, the Minimum Level of Reserves remains set at £4m.
3) That the current 5 year Financial Model detailed in appendix 2 and the Resources Statement in appendix 3 to the Financial Strategy report be noted.
That the updated Fees and Charging Policy shown in appendix 4 be approved.
Report author: Mrs Helen Belenger
Publication date: 10/12/2020
Date of decision: 08/12/2020
Decided at meeting: 08/12/2020 - Cabinet