Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Noted
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To set a net budget requirement and the council tax for the Council for the financial year 2020-21.
Key issue – yes
(Recommendation to Council)
1. That the current estimated resources position set in appendix 2 of the agenda report be noted, and
2. The budget variances included in the Draft Budget Spending Plan as set out in appendix 1b of the agenda report be noted.
*RECOMMENDED TO COUNCIL
1. That a net budget requirement of £14,235,800 for 2020-21 be approved.
2. That Council Tax be increased by £5.00 from £160.81 to £165.81 for a Band D equivalent in 2020-21.
3. That the uncommitted revenue budget of £483,900 be transferred to the General Fund Reserve to mitigate the deficit expected in 2020-21.
4. That should the final settlement differ from the draft settlement, the sum in 3.1 (c) above be adjusted accordingly.
5. That the capital programme, including the asset renewal programme (appendix 1c and 1d of the agenda report) be approved.
Report author: Mrs Helen Belenger
Publication date: 06/02/2020
Date of decision: 04/02/2020
Decided at meeting: 04/02/2020 - Cabinet
Effective from: 13/02/2020