Decision status: Noted
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
Mr Moss welcomed Mrs Evans and Mrs Stevens from the Environment team. Mrs Evans outlined the report highlighting the Single Use Plastics Action Plan and what has been achieved to date.
Members asked questions on the following topics:
· Figures relating to the reduction of plastics since the implementation of the Action Plan
· Supermarket plastics
· Recycling measures at large public events
· Separate recycling bag colours for litter picks
· Increasing staffing
· Collection of crisp packets and biscuit wrappers and the number of local collection points
· Businesses and their use of single use plastics
The Chairman confirmed that a number of the points raised would be passed officers at Chichester Contract Services as Mr Carter had left the meeting.
1. The Committee notes the progress on the Council’s Single Use Plastics Action Plan.
2. The Committee requests that in the budget making process Cabinet considers increasing the resources available to officers to deal with the issues arising from the production of single use plastics.
The Chairman thanked officers for their contribution.
Publication date: 10/02/2020
Date of decision: 19/11/2019
Decided at meeting: 19/11/2019 - Overview & Scrutiny Committee