Decision Maker: Cabinet, Council
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
Southern Gateway Developer Appointment
Mr Bell introduced the item.
Mr Over then provided additional information. He also drew member’s attention to amendments to the recommendation:
· Resolution 4 to delete the word authorised from the first line.
· Resolution 5 to delete the words and county officers from the first line.
The Cabinet then discussed the report.
Mr Moss requested that the Overview and Scrutiny Committee (OSC) recommendations be referred to in making recommendations to the Council. Mrs Lintill clarified that the recommendations from OSC and the Chichester District Growth Board had been noted.
The Cabinet then voted unanimously to make the resolutions and recommendation below.
On the assumption that Council approve the selection of Developer A that Cabinet:
1. Delegates authority to the Deputy Chief Executive or the Director of Growth and Place, after consultation with the Strategic Leadership Team, the Leader and Cabinet Member for Growth, Place and Regeneration, (and the Growth Lead at WSCC assuming WSCC are a party to the agreement) to approve and execute the Development Agreement based on Heads of Terms.
2. Approves the appointment of Jones Lang LeSalle and Browne Jacobson LLP to support the Council in the implementation of the project, funded from the cost undertaking to be entered into by the appointed development partner and/or the balance of One Public Estate (OPE) funding.
3. Subject to the appointment of a development partner that the land owned by the District Council be formally declared surplus to requirements and be offered up to support the regeneration on the terms set out in paragraph 6 and to remove the land from the Councils parking order at the appropriate time.
4. Notes that officers will investigate a “Land equalisation” proposal and bring forward options to a future Cabinet.
5. That the District Council requests WSCC to agree a scheme of delegation that enables District Council officers as project lead to grant consents required on behalf of WSCC provided there is no financial detriment to WSCC.
RECOMMENDATION TO COUNCIL
Following “standstill” and dealing with any issues arising, and confirmation that WSCC have cleared their own governance processes, including call-in, that the Council select Developer A on Heads of Terms shown in Appendix 1to deliver the Southern Gateway Masterplan regeneration project pursuant to the outcome of the Evaluation Report at Appendix 2 once matters of detail are finalised with the bidder.
Publication date: 05/12/2019
Date of decision: 03/12/2019
Decided at meeting: 03/12/2019 - Cabinet