Meetings of this committee are audio recorded
The Committee has 15 Members (including at least one member of the Cabinet)
The committee deals with the licensing and enforcement functions of the District Council relating to:
a) taxi, food and miscellaneous licensing, health and safety and certain deposits on highways as set out in Sections B, C and I (22) of Schedule1
b) contaminated land, control of pollution and the management of air quality as set out in Schedule 2 to the Local Authorities (Functions and Responsibilities) (England) Regulations 2000; and Motor Salvage Operators
c) decisions as to the revocation of HMO licences under the Housing Act 2004
d) the approval of revisions to the Guidance for Consent Streets, to oversee the general administration of the consent regime and to review and determine from time to time the level of fees for the grant of consents for street trading
In particular the Committee will consider and determine:
1. Applications relating to licences, permits, approvals, orders, consents or similar authorisations, under the above provisions where the Head of Housing & Environment Services considers that the matter merits the Committee’s attention.
2. Whether or not the holder of a licence etc., is a fit and proper person to continue to benefit from the grant of the licence etc.
3. Amendments to the hackney carriage fare tariff.
4. The introduction of or amendments to, licence conditions, byelaws, orders, consents, approvals, permits or other similar authorisations.
5. Fees and charges for licences, permits, approvals, consents or similar authorisations taking into account any recommendations expressed by the Cabinet.
6. The institution of prosecution proceedings or other enforcement action where the Head of Housing & Environment Services and Legal Services Practice Manager consider the matter merits the Committee’s attention.
7. The enforcement of the provisions in the Health Act 2006 and regulations relating to smoke-free premises, places and vehicles.
Support officer: Lisa Higenbottam on 01243 534684. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
East Pallant House
East Pallant House
Phone: 01243 534684