Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
To set the Council Tax base for 2019/20. The tax base is effectively an estimate of the number of council tax dwellings in the District. This is adjusted for the effect of the discounts and exemptions, properties being in different valuation bands expressed as the number of band D equivalent dwellings in the district. This figure is then adjusted for the assumed collection rate.
That in order to comply with section 35 of the Local Government Finance Act 1992 the following resolutions be made:
(1) No item of expenditure shall be treated as ‘special expenses’ for the purposes of section 35 of the Local Government Finance Act 1992.
(2) The resolution in (1)shall remain in force for the 2019-2020 financial year.
(3) The calculation of Chichester District Council’s tax-base for the year 2019-2020 be approved.
(4) The amounts calculated by Chichester District Council as its council tax-base for the year 2019-2020 for its area and each part of its area shall be those set out in appendices 1 and 2 to the agenda report.
(5) In order to offset some or all of the costs of council tax reduction to local precepting authorities (parish councils), a grant be distributed as outlined in appendix 3 to and described in para 6.3 of the agenda report.
Report author: Mr Paul Jobson
Publication date: 05/12/2018
Date of decision: 04/12/2018
Decided at meeting: 04/12/2018 - Cabinet