Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
Review strategy and seek approval for proposed
year 2 actions
(1) That the revised Litter and Fly Tip Action Plan attached as appendix 1 to the agenda report, as amended by the revisions in the third agenda supplement to the figures in appendix 2, be approved.
(2) That expenditure of £13,300 funded from reserves be approved to enable the appointment of one part time Project Officer for one year to undertake communication initiatives relating to fly tipping and litter.
(3) That expenditure of £7,500 funded from reserves be approved to provide resources to support publicity campaigns related to fly tipping and litter.
(4) That £10,000 from reserves be approved to enable litter enforcement in low littering areas.
(5) That the entering into an agreement with East Hampshire District Council on the basis of ‘Scenario 3’ as set out in appendix 2 to the agenda report, as amended by the revised figures in the third agenda supplement, be approved to provide litter enforcement for a period of three years, with the detail of the scheme delegated to the Director of Planning and the Environment and the Cabinet Member for Environment Services to finalise.
(6) That the intention of the Chief Executive be noted to report to the Council her use of Article 10.02 constitutional delegation to discharge the enforcement functions detailed in paragraph 6.2 of the agenda report to East Hampshire District Council under powers granted to the authority under section 101 of the Local Government Act 1997.
Report author: Ms Alison Stevens
Publication date: 05/12/2018
Date of decision: 04/12/2018
Decided at meeting: 04/12/2018 - Cabinet